In second week, we began the lesson with finishing part C of Cove Vocabulary subject.
C. Word part: uni Example: universal
1. Find five words with uni in the puzzle and circle them. Check teir meanings.
Answer : Universal , Uniform, Unified, Universe and University.
2. Complete the sentences below with the words from the puzzle.
1. Rita is a university student.
2. The desire for lve is universal.
3. The universe began about 14 billion years ago.
4. East and West Germany were unified in 1990.
5. Ar many schools, student must wear uniform.
3. Work with a partner. What do you think uni means ? Circle the correct answer.
Answer : c. single or one.
After that, we started a new subject. That were Reading Skill subject.
Partners : Novia Wikayanti, Hendi and Samsul.
A. Pre-reading questions
1. In what ways will robots make our lives better in the future? In what ways will they make our lives worse?
· I think in the future, the robots can make our live better with minimize the mistake in surgical operation or investigate the illness more specifically.
· The robots also make our live worse with making humnas lazy because the human will suspended with robots to do their personal activity like excercising, eating take a bath, etc.
2. What kinds of robots would you like to see ?
· I really want to see a humanoid robot that can help me to manage my house like cleaning all my stuff, protecting my house from robber, etc.
· In the future, I want a robot that give me a lot of money freely.
· In the future, robots I wanted to see that robots could bring to spaceship.
· In the future, robots I wanted to see that robots could help still young.
Read the text. Highlight an interesting idea in each paragraph.
· First paragraph : Line 1 – 3
· Second paragraph : Line 12
· Third paragraph : Line 21 – 22
C. Identifying topic and main idea
Read the questions below and circle the correct anwers according to the text.
1. Which of the following best describes the topic of the text ?
Answer : C. Robots in the home
2. Which of the following best describes themain idea of the text ?
Answer : A. Robots will improve our lives in many ways.
D. Identifying opinions
Which one of the following three opinions would the author probably disagree with ?
Answer : B. It si clear that we live happier and healthier lives because of modern technology.
GOING BEYOND THE TEXT
Look at the list of jobs below. Which are you happy for robots to do in the future ? Why or why not ?
· Airline Pilot
In the future, we like if robots being airline pilot because it can’t be sleepy or drunk a alcohol so we can travelto everywere safely.
We disagree if robots can cook because human need to feeding theirself to survive.
We shall be happy if a robot can be a doctor because it can minimize the mistake in surgical operation or investigate the illness more specifically.
We agree if robots being police officer that placed in every corner of the traffic because it can reduce the traffic violators and manage traffic well.
This would be very bad if robots being singer because its movement can be monotonous and rigid
We like if robots can be store clerk because it can work efficiently and not do corruption
We completely agree if robot being taxi driver because it doesn’t make us tired to drive and it can reduce the criminality in taxi.
We dislike if robot being a teacher because we can’t easly asking many problem in a lesson.